Tuesday 4 June 2013

Auckland Botanic Gardens

We had beautiful fine weather over Queen's Birthday weekend, so  Mr J and I headed to the Auckland Botanic Gardens,which are quite close to where we live. Lots of people obviously had the same idea, but it is really nice to see the grounds being used and people enjoying the sights.  I actually remembered my camera for a change, and got photos of some of the sculptures there.





and of course some some of the many flowers and plants on display.









There are many different styles of gardens to wander around, I especially like the kitchen garden and perennial gardens.  There is also a special children's garden which is very tactile and interactive. I'll have to remember to go back in spring when the blossoms and bulb meadows are out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are always read and very much appreciated. I will always endeavour to reply by email unless you happen to be a no-reply blogger. Thank you.