Thursday 25 July 2013

From the Kitchen






There have been lots of yummy treats coming out of the kitchen these school holidays.  First up is a family favourite - Cinnamon Roll Cake.  I cook this in a roasting dish lined with baking paper, and  have  cut down the amount of  butter in the cinnamon topping to 1/2 cup.  I also omit the icing/glaze - I think it is sweet enough without it.  Delicious fresh from the oven.

Last week when my mum came to stay, she gave me a cook book that I used to love looking through when I was younger.  Today I made an Araby Spice Cake from it.  I guess in this day - the name is not very PC, however the cake is really delicious with its cinnamon mocha icing. I have found lots of similar recipes on the internet, but most have lemon and shortening in, which mine doesn't.  If anyone would like the recipe I used, please let me know and I will email it to you.

Finally muffins to freeze away for school lunches - Banana Chocolate Chip and Apple and Sultana.





1 comment:

  1. Damn, you've got me craving that cinnamon roll cake. I've never had any before it looks absolutely delicious.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always read and very much appreciated. I will always endeavour to reply by email unless you happen to be a no-reply blogger. Thank you.