Monday 1 July 2013

Weekending







A very cold frosty start on Saturday gave us the most beautiful sunny day.  After lunch Miss B and Mr J scootered while I walked along our local reserve walk.  Lots of people out enjoying the fine weather.

Some sewing got completed too - I finished my pincushion from the book Patchwork, Please . It is a little fiddly at times to make, however it does make a nice sized pincushion. Also quilted and completed was my Kaleidoscope Cushion. This is made of  fabrics from Laura Gunn - Cosmos,  Simply Color, Riley Blake, Michael Miller and Flirt by Sandy Gervais.  The solid is a Prima Homespun from Spotlight.  I am really pleased with how this has turned out as it was my first paper piecing project.  I am looking for my next one now, definitely no shortage of inspiration on Flickr and Pinterest. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are always read and very much appreciated. I will always endeavour to reply by email unless you happen to be a no-reply blogger. Thank you.