Saturday 5 October 2013

From the Kitchen




School holidays means that there is time to experiment with new recipes and special meals, not just the quick family favourites cos everyone is rushing off to cubs, scouts or meetings.  This week in my kitchen I have tried:
  • Honey mustard glazed chicken, served with fresh asparagus, coleslaw and pita breads
  • Spicy chickpeas - a tasty snack which both Miss B and Mr J enjoyed as a pre-dinner nibble (recipe from Donna Hays book Fresh and Light)
  • Little lemon and coconut cupcakes
  • And because I had 4 egg whites sitting in the fridge waiting to be used, I made a pavlova as a special treat.  Topped with whipped cream and rhubarb poached with honey, nutmeg and  fresh orange juice - absolutely delicious.

1 comment:

  1. Shame you're so far away or I would be looking for a dinner invite:-)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always read and very much appreciated. I will always endeavour to reply by email unless you happen to be a no-reply blogger. Thank you.