Sunday 1 December 2013

Weekending







Fine weather and the whole family at home for the official start of New Zealand's summer.
  • Pottering around in the vegetable garden, I picked my first handful of green beans - my favourite variety,  that I grow each year is Shiny Fardenlosa
  • Warmer evenings are leading to more lighter salad type meals -couscous with broad beans and my freshly picked beans, carrot salad, tomatoes and pita breads
  • Baking sweet treats for school lunchboxes - a new caramel slice recipe with chopped hazelnuts.
  • Christmas card making (lots of pinspired ideas here)
  • A sewing finish of sorts - 80 four patch blocks have been sewn up for this quilt in progress
What did you do this weekend?
Have you started to decorate forChristmas yet?

2 comments:

  1. Those green beans look so good. Can't wait to see how the quilt turns out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful beans! I've only just tried growing things this year with a little success but a lot of failure. Hoping the next growing season goes better.
    The chocolate frosted banana cake from one of your previous posts looks yummy! Now searching for a recipe :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always read and very much appreciated. I will always endeavour to reply by email unless you happen to be a no-reply blogger. Thank you.