Gosh it is hard to believe that a week has gone by since I last wrote. Summer is now officially over and we are into Autumn. This weekend I have had the house to myself, both Miss B, Mr J and The Scout have been at a water activities camp for their scouting group. They have just arrived home as I am writing this.
So what did I do this weekend. (Apart from catching up on all the baking and housecleaning that I didn't do during the week).
- There was some a little paper-piecing with beautiful bright colours from V & Co for the beginning of a swap project - yes I joined another Flickr swap.
- preparing lots of vegetables for my favourite Harvest Sauce. I was the very lucky recipient of lots of tomatoes from my neighbours garden - this sauce is great, added to casseroles and pasta. I have frozen it away in 1/2 cup batches.
- A little more sewing - adding linen to my paper-piecing.
- A lovely pile of books - I have two on the go at present - Paris Was The Place and and some lighthearted chick lit The Misplaced Affections of Charlotte FForbes. Looking forward to reading and dreaming too, of holidays in Italy with the new Mr & Mrs Smith book.
- A sewing finish - one lined drawstring bag from this tutorial