Wednesday 17 September 2014

A Drawstring Bag



Last night while The Scout, Miss B and Mr J, were all out at scouts, I took myself out to my sewing room, determined to do a little sewing.  Using the  two 6" blocks, I made back here, I decided to make a drawstring bag, for a friend to use as a project bag for her crochet. I used this tutorial from Svetlana of Sotak Handmade.  Her pattern uses fat quarters which would certainly make a quick and easy bag. Mine took a little longer, because I had to piece extra fabrics to the blocks, to get the desired size. I am really pleased with how it has turned out, This is a great pattern and I would definitely make it again.  The bag is not a big bag at approximately 8" x 10", but I think it will comfortably hold a crochet hook or two and some wool.  All going well, this will get posted to it's new home later this week.


What are you making at present?

6 comments:

  1. So so sweet - love the fabrics and the intricate blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful gift, the bag is a delight I love the fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such lovely gifts ... love the way you used those blocks too and the little firefly block is the cutest!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Golly! I so need to learn how to make bags like these!! They are awesome and the possibilities are endless!!!! I could give one to each of my nieces and nephews for Christmas! Thanks for sharing you....glad you got in some good creating time! Nicole xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's perfectly lovely - just dainty and lovely and I am sure the recipient will be thrilled!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ha! It's so funny to me - I skip around the internet favoriting things on Flickr and liking things on Instagram without fully taking the time to think about who made them. I opened your blog today and instantly remembered favoriting these pouches on Flickr. They're fantastic, Julie!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always read and very much appreciated. I will always endeavour to reply by email unless you happen to be a no-reply blogger. Thank you.