Wednesday 24 September 2014

Wednesday WIP





This time of year, the secret sewing starts for me.  There are Christmas and birthday gifts to be made and a swap or two  also.  Maybe a lot of photos of works in progress, but not a lot of detail about the actual items, especially since some of the intended recipients read my blog.  

Such is the case with the first two photos. I can tell you that the fabric is from Dear Stella, and the solids are actually a deep cerise and coral, which match the tiny blossoms perfectly.  Unfortunately the colours haven't quite come out in the photos.  

There has been a wee bit of sewing going on for my SSM6 swap as well. These 48 x 1.5" x 6" strips have been sewn together and trimmed down, ready for the next stage of my plan.

I have just got this book from my library.  There are some fabulous quilt ideas in here.  In fact I love this book so much, I have just purchased it as a reward for mowing the lawns today.

Linking up to WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced.

11 comments:

  1. I like the sound of rewarding yourself ! Love the fabrics and wondering what the end result will be. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is a lot of secretive goings on at the moment everywhere in Blogland. I love the fabric in your secret mission.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope that you enjoy your secret sewing and that you will be able to share later in the year! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are working with beautiful colour palettes here. Some Dear Stella fabrics almost made it to my stash last month - very tempting! Maybe I should suggest this Beyond Neutral to our library as a possible purchase....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the Dear Stella fabric, looking forward to seeing just what you are making with it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the Beyond Neutrals book too! I have a couple earmarked already! Your secret sewing is looking wonderful too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The blocks are gorgeous. I have that book on my wishlist, maybe it's time to invest!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A great reward I reckon and well deserved ;) hearing you on the secret sewing... alot of that will be happening here soon too... I hope!! Cant wait for the reveals when the time comes :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOL ~ a reward for mowing the lawns. Cute!
    Love all your work.
    Carla

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love love love the first two pics and am totally intrigued. Not even my colours as opposed to picture three... just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am in love with that fabric!!!! What are you making!?!?!? You have left us hanging!!!! Happy day friend! Nicole xo

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always read and very much appreciated. I will always endeavour to reply by email unless you happen to be a no-reply blogger. Thank you.