Thursday 20 November 2014

A Tale of Two Knights






Back in October I purchased some red chess themed fabric,  with the idea of making Miss B a tote bag.  Of course that idea didn't meet with favour and she asked if perhaps I could make her a cushion. At that point I had a brainwave, and emailed Juliet of Tartan Kiwi, to see if she could possibly design me a pattern, to paper piece a knight, Miss B's favourite chess piece.

A week or so later Juliet emailed me a pattern.  Enthusiastically I made a the black knight, then lost my sewjo.  Today my mission was to sew the ivory knight.   In the interests of keeping it real, I have a photo of the last piece I sewed and the mistake on it. Of course I couldn't unpick it and had to redo it.  Needless to say it was second time lucky.

Finally I have the centre block completed, (both knights are actually the same size too, it's just that optical illusion thing happening) now just to decide on the border, chess pieces or a sort of checker board design, with black and ivory cornerstone settings. I'm thinking the checker board border gives it a slightly lighter look.  What do you think?  Then the next dilemma will be how to quilt it.

8 comments:

  1. They're very clever....i like both fabrics so i am of no help at all...good luck with it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. WoW!!!!! Looks amazing. Juliet is very clever!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very impressive, they look amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I am amazed that anyone can make anything like this! You are so clever!!!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whoa, this is awesome - and how kind of Juliet to come up with a pattern for you! I prefer the checker boards ever so slightly. This will make a most wonderful cushion. :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. So impressive Julie! Juliet is a legend and I am loving how you are putting it all together! Love the layout :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing!
    This is going to be so special.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a cool and outstanding cushion friend!! I love the center pieces and the border just ties it all together!!! Wishing you happy sewing sweet lady!! Nicole xo

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always read and very much appreciated. I will always endeavour to reply by email unless you happen to be a no-reply blogger. Thank you.