Wednesday 26 November 2014

Wednesday WIP





When I finished the paper piecing for the two knights, I vowed that I was not going to do any paper piecing for the rest of the year.  Funny how life has a way of changing your mind.  On Monday I saw
these beautiful blocks in my Flickr stream.  They linked to a Christmas QAL at Sewing under Rainbow blog.  Each two days, a new block will be posted for a Christmas Sampler.

This evening, after dinner I sat down in my sewing room, hauled out my Christmas fabrics and completed Block 1 - Christmas Trees.  It was a very clear easily pieced pattern.  Just as I finished it, Block 2 - Bell, was posted. Guess what I may be working on tomorrow night.

Why I feel the need to make a Christmas themed quilt, I don't know.  It certainly doesn't get cold enough here in New Zealand with our summer Christmas to warrant the need for one.  It will use a lot of my Christmas fabric stash  (that's a good thing though) and probably my low volumes too.  Maybe I'll turn them into Christmas placemats or pillow covers - probably in time for next years Christmas.  I can't wait to see them all together though.

Linking up to WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced.

8 comments:

  1. oooooo this is gorgeous! I will have to bookmark this for next year - and I can see why you couldn't help yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never say never - how true is that? :) I thought that this year I won't do any paper-piecing too, but then I realised I just have to do some Christmas blocks:)))
    Your trees are wonderful. Looking forward to see next blocks and what you'll decide to make from them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it's lovely to make something 'xmasy' and your trees look very cute! L

    ReplyDelete
  4. Placemats, yeah. That's what I'm doing. I like your trees.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Merry Christmas ~ we will be decorating on Friday and putting our Christmas tree up on Saturday.
    Fa La La La La :-) and this just makes me more giddy to get decorating.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loving those cheerful little Christmas trees.

    ReplyDelete
  7. these are so cute!
    love pine trees at Christmas ...

    Barbara x

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always read and very much appreciated. I will always endeavour to reply by email unless you happen to be a no-reply blogger. Thank you.