Sunday 9 November 2014

Weekending



Hexagon Obsession by Marie Harrison (made with quarter inch hexagons)

Pixelated Heart quilt by Melanie Hastings, pattern from Blue Elephant Stitches



Brainwaves Quilts and close up of detail by Robyn Rognstad
Summer Geese Quilt and Winter Geese Quilt by Melanie Hastings

Close up of colours and fabrics in Summer Geese Quilt




  • I celebrated my birthday with a cheats birthday cake - supermarket sponge and strawberries, still tasted good though.
  • some lovely wool felt from my sister, that just happens to co-ordinate perfectly with some of my Liberty.  (can you tell I am just dying to make something with this fabric)
  • a day out at the Auckland Festival of Quilts with Rachel and Deb.  Some amazing quilts, these were a few that caught my eye.  We also met up with some other blog and flickr friends, from Wellington and Christchurch,
  • a little stash enhancement from the festival
  • some sewing for the SSM6 swap.
  • I smile everytime I see this
Hoping you all had a fabulous weekend too.

12 comments:

  1. HA!! Love that poster up there! And that festival is a feast for the eyes! Look at all of those lovelies up there!!!! But most importantly HAPPY BIRTHDAY dear JULIE! I hope your day was filled with wonderful beautiful things!!!!!! Sending you a big hug! That cake looks delicious and how awesome that you were able to go out with other bloggers!!! Take care friend....hope you are having a lovely weekend! Nicole xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Quarter inch hexagons, how can anyone do that? Glad you got to the show, a tad far from here. Food still looking good enough to move in, even if it is a supermarket sponge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the Batman poster! Happy Birthday! Looks like the perfect cake to me! I loved that quarter hexie quilt too, I took quite a few photo', but didn't take note of owner and details which has me dissapointed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great weekend, love the quilts from the show they were stunning. Happy belated birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a fab day. I am still in awe of those ¼ inch hexies!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I enjoyed this years show.. it seemed alot lighter & brighter that previous years! and Happy Birthday too! Linda

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Happy Birthday lovely lady! Can't wait to see what you do with the Liberty Fabrics. Thank you so very much for sending me the Brioche Recipe, I can't wait to try it and I will let you know how it goes. Hope your weekend has been wonderful xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh, I want someof that cake. Happy belated birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Birthday Julie!!! Hope you had a great birthday :) Was great meeting you on Saturday too and put a face to the name and blog! I think the hexie and brainwave quilts were two of my absolute favourites on the day. Hope you had a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. And you didn't even say that it was your birthday!!! Happy belated birthday! It was lovely to meet you at the Festival of Quilts. Weren't those 1/4 inch hexies amazing. So may inspiring quilts, I'm glad I came up.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Birthday! The quilts are lovely aren't they. Hope that you enjoyed yourself. xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Birthday to my one and only NZ buddy. :-))
    I think your blog is so fun and I enjoy learning more about your life, land and family.
    xx oo
    Carla

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always read and very much appreciated. I will always endeavour to reply by email unless you happen to be a no-reply blogger. Thank you.