Sunday 23 November 2014

Weekending











We have had the most beautiful weather this weekend, unfortunately I am miserable with hay fever, so didn't really feel like being outside and enjoying it.  Here is some of what kept me occupied this weekend:
  • Baking - a peach and poppy seed cake, I omitted the lemon and thyme syrup is was supposed to have.  It was but would be delicious with the syrup and whipped cream as a dessert.
  • Lots of lovely books from the library.  I have had re-issued the Vita book, so I can finish it finally.  Some lovely crafty books for inspiration.  I am especially loving the Mr Finch book.  I have seen  and pinned some of his creations on pinterest before, and love the moths made of old embroidered linens.  Very inspiring.
  • Homemade muesli - an afternoon toasting oats, bran, coconut and wheatgerm, mixed up with sunflower and pumpkin seeds, and assorted dried fruits.  Looking forward to breakfast tomorrow,
  • Sewing and quilting on the two knights pillow - the borders have been added, and the quilting has been done.     After some google research, I decided upon using Gutermann sulky invisible thread.  Very fine needles 70/6 and some tension changes, meant that on the whole it was a pretty trouble free experience.  I think the hardest part was trying to thread the sewing machine needle, fine clear thread, small needle eyes and being shortsighted are not a good combination. The backing has been made, and I just have to attach the binding. That will be next weekends hand sewing at my sewing day with Rachel and Deb.
Wishing you all a fabulous week ahead.




9 comments:

  1. Mmmmm mouth watering food once again! The Chess piece looks fab! I hope the sneezy season doesn't last long for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a tasty crafty time is being had. Happy weekend too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a wonderful weekend, the peach cake looks wonderful. The pillow is exquisite a real delight.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always enjoy looking at your pile of books! Hope the hay fever improves.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loving that book pile lady!! And that muesli......tell me more about that one!! It looks delicious and I am always looking for different mixes like this one for my son as he has a nut allergy and our choices are limited. This actually may be one we can do!!!! Yummy cake you!!! Looks like a full and wonderful weekend by you! Wish I could swing over and have a cup of tea with you! Nicole xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're always baking such delicious looking things! Yummo! Sounds like a super weekend all in all :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love poppy seed cake. It is my very favorite. I like mine with a lemon icing. :-)
    Love that book pile as well.
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh you think you will gets one sewing done do you? haha. I am just toasting some muesli as I type. Cant beat home made muesli

    ReplyDelete
  9. It looks and sounds like a great weekend!! xx

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always read and very much appreciated. I will always endeavour to reply by email unless you happen to be a no-reply blogger. Thank you.