Thursday 5 March 2015

Scenes from my Week






From the kitchen
  • I was lucky enough to be given a bag of large red onions, so braving the inevitable tears, I peeled and sliced, then caramelised some to freeze away for winter casseroles
From the garden
  • my zinnias in bloom - luckily these are surviving the heat and dry, cos I don't water them at all
From the sewing Room
  • My Fractal block is finished and a low volume border has been added,  quilting has been done and now it just needs to be turned into a pillow/cushion.

10 comments:

  1. Love the block and the quilting looks great.....:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool block..........I hope you didn't shed too many tears over the onions!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your fractal block is looking great! The scrappy neutral border sets it off really well. Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like your fractal quilt, it came out really well didn't it! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the glasses print.

    Onions galore. Yummy. My hubby loves onions.

    Have a blessed weekend,
    Carla

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looking wonderful buddy!!! I have never thought to freeze away onions! That is a great idea!! And those zinnias....ahhh...just so beautiful!!!! Do you grow yours from seed??? Your block is fantastic as well you!! Have a great weekend!!! Nicole xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have never thought to freeze onions either, its such a wonderful idea perfect as you say for stews/casseroles.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh yum re the onions! But the block... swoon! so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The onions look great - good idea to have them already cooked and in the freezer - hadn't thought of doing that with onions! Love your block and its quilting - it will make an awesome cushion.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always read and very much appreciated. I will always endeavour to reply by email unless you happen to be a no-reply blogger. Thank you.