Thursday 19 March 2015

Scenes from my Week






From the kitchen
  • a tray of gingernuts ready to be put in the oven
From the Garden
  • chilies starting to turn red
From the sewing room
  • finally the binding is getting sewn on my quilt
From my morning walk
  • sycamore seed pods hanging in clusters
From my book pile
  • loving this book - so many great ideas for making a traditional block non traditional.  I feel there may be a Double Wedding Ring quilt in my future.
What have you been doing this week?

6 comments:

  1. Sounds like a good week, love the look of the book. Looking forward to seeing the end result of the quilt. I have been mainly sorting the garden out and spring cleaning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That book looks very interesting. A double wedding ring is on my bucket list. I cut lots of fabric out - back in the day before rotary cutting! Most of the fabric was recycled. Imagine! Only stitche one block, which became a cushion. Perhaps I need this book for fresh inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those biscuits look nice...and all the rest! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a happy week. Mine has been one of a bit of everything as well :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your quilt is looking good. And I think I will look up that book too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looking forward to seeing your finished quilt... you'll enjoy crossing it off your FAL list? The book looks very interesting, might have to order it at the library too! Linda

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always read and very much appreciated. I will always endeavour to reply by email unless you happen to be a no-reply blogger. Thank you.