Wednesday 29 July 2015

Wednesday WIP






I have to admit there hasn't been a lot of sewing coming out of my sewing room lately.  However I have had a couple of days where I have not been rostered to work, and because it is wet and windy outside, today seemed like the perfect time to clean up my sewing room and use up a few scraps from my never decreasing scrap baskets. The result - some more blocks for my scrappy sampler quilt, and a sewing room that looks just as messy as when I started. The little triangle sugar loaf blocks are probably my favourite from today's effort. and the pattern is available here.  Now I am wondering just how many blocks I need, how big I want this quilt to end up and whether I start making lots of low volume filler blocks and strips  and start trying to piece it altogether.

Linking up to WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced.

12 comments:

  1. Love it...so interesting when all the blocks are different :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It all looks fantastic and I love the triangles in the third picture down - not sure if those are the sugar loaf ones or not - they are so pretty! Hope that you can work it all out so that you are happy. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am in awe of your talent. Love all the different blocks, looking forward to seeing it all together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your sampler blocks are amazing! And I agree that the sugar loaf blocks are really great. Thanks for sharing the link.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your blocks are looking wonderful... love your colour combo! And it's great to see them all together! I'm enjoying following your progress with this.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I find that my summer sewing time is quite random, and as with you, sometimes it's about cleaning and oraganizing and getting ready to sew. I suppose that you can't really work on scrappy blocks without making a big mess... it's just the nature of it. Wet and windy here too, but I guess it is winter with you and not "summer" like it is here?

    I really love the randomness of this quilt, and am excited to see the direction you take this!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love so many of your blocks! What a fun way to use scraps and make a beautiful quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this quilt! It is coming together so interesting with so many different blocks and fabrics. Great job, keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautifully done! Love all the blocks you've used in this sampler.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's looking fabulous! I love the little triangles too! Are you intending to play around with the layout some more? Just wondering.....

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a wonderful variety of blocks for your sampler quilt - it is going to be amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love all the different blocks and block sizes you have used. You work miracles with your scraps!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always read and very much appreciated. I will always endeavour to reply by email unless you happen to be a no-reply blogger. Thank you.