There is nothing subtle and ladylike about this Liberty Quilt. I think I like it - definitely not what I originally had in mind when I started working on this quilt. Perhaps it is leaning towards the more Bohemian artists and style associated with the Bloomsbury group.
The other day while wandering in Spotlight, I fell in love with a beautiful shot cotton. I decided it would work perfectly for the corners on my Bloomsbury Quilt. After a lot of playing with contrasting and co-ordinating solids, I have been very brave and gone for a grape colour which picks out the purple/grape in the shot cotton.
So far only the centre panels have been sewn together, I am now trying to decide whether to hand or machine sew the Dresdens on and what colour centres - patterned or plain to give them. Also debating whether to keep it at the original size which is about 60" square or add some borders so it makes a really big quilt for my bed. That would mean I may have to buy some more Liberty. Damn!
Linking up to WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced.