Tuesday 8 November 2016

A Change of Plans




The other day I went to cut up my fabric for my AMH Irish  Chain Quilt, and I couldn't.
 I had my plan ready, measurements and quantities required, and then just froze. Subconsciously my mind just wouldn't let me do it.  Figuring I'd do it another day, I packed my lovely pile of fabrics away.

Over the weekend I was randomly browsing Instagram when I came across this quilt, and my first thought was how much I liked it, my second was I want to do this with my AMH fabrics.  The pattern was duly purchased, thank goodness for instant PDF downloads.  That afternoon the cutting and sub cutting of my precious AMH stash started - no qualms, straight into it.  I am loving the look so far of the first couple of blocks I have made, however I am also wondering if I keep it solely as an AMH quilt or add some of my favourites by Julianna Horner, Tula Pink, Alison Glass, Amy Butler and Lizzy House to make it that little more eclectically colourful and bohemian.

When I have a few more blocks made up, I'll share some photos. Fingers crossed it works!!






9 comments:

  1. oh ~ you tease!! I say throw 'em all in :-) I'm sure it will be scrumptious!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great plan! I have this pattern on my list too ... I'm looking forward to seeing your version in AMH :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh yummy, I love your new pattern! Looking forward to seeing which direction it heads :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That quilt is beautiful indeed! I think it's ok to do all AMH when mixing different collections, but I believe that it makes it a lot more interesting and less likely to see something similar online when mixing different fabric designer. Either way, I know it's going to be lovely!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the pattern you have chosen and look forward to seeing your quilt as it comes together.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous pattern Julie! Sometimes it is just a case of finding THE pattern! I love the idea of adding to the AMH for a eclectic, gypsy look!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am always in favour of a good mix of fabrics. Looking forward to see it as you progress.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always read and very much appreciated. I will always endeavour to reply by email unless you happen to be a no-reply blogger. Thank you.