Sunday 20 November 2016

Weekending






  • Could there be anything more beautiful to bind a quilt with than Liberty binding.  When I visited the Auckland Festival of Quilts a couple of weeks ago, Florence and Mary had a lovely selection of Liberty fabrics available.  I found a design and colourway,  I thought would be perfect for using on my Liberty Bloomsbury quilt and subsequently ordered some yardage. Called Pereira A, I couldn't be more pleased with how it is looking on my quilt.  And no, I haven't finished hand quilting it yet, it was just starting to fray a lot, and I had reached a point where I could bind it successfully, still a lot left to hand sew down - this is a big quilt.
  • My bedside table reading pile has had a little boost this week. Les Parisiennes has been started and has to be finished cos about 300 people are waiting on it after me, so I won't be able to renew this one.
  • I have been requesting a lot of Kaffe Fassett books from the Auckland Libraries too, nothing like a little colour therapy and inspiration to brighten one's day.
  • This warmer humid weather means my garden finally has flowers ready to pick for small posies - I am enjoying having these through the house.
Wishing you all a fabulous week ahead.


8 comments:

  1. Oh that binding fabric is gorgeous! Kaffe's 'museum quilts' is one of my favourites, just love looking at those older quilts and seeing how he interprets them. And I too like having little picked bunches of flowers inside from the garden outside, so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely posies, just how I like to have flowers for the house. I was lucky enough to see the Kaffe exhibition in York. The old museum quilts were lovely and so interesting and Kaffe's interpretations are very clever. Looking forward to seeing your finished quilt, completed with the gorgeous Liberty binding.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That binding is just right. Good choice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Some beautifully inspiring books and deliciously soft Liberty binding. Lots of wonderful colour for your days Julie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Liberty and fresh flowers from the garden! It doesn't get any better than this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ah, flowers ... :-)

    Please give a book review on Les Parisiennes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That binding fabric is the best! We are slowly heading towards the Winter season. Somehow I love it, but I always miss the bright colours of flowers in nature.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always read and very much appreciated. I will always endeavour to reply by email unless you happen to be a no-reply blogger. Thank you.