Tuesday 20 December 2016

2016: A Creative Review


It is always nice to look back and see what one has achieved in a year. I may not have been as productive this year as in others, but am still very pleased with what I have created.  Here is a review of my finished makes for 2016:
  • Jeweled kaleidoscope mini quilt -pattern from here
  • my first foray back into making clothing saw me make the A-line Barcelona skirt
  • an EPP Liberty Sew together Bag
  • A Nani Iro infinity scarf
  • the quilt top for mum's reversible quilt - Morocco pattern from here
  • the Rocky Shore to Sky quilt for my brother
  • an EPP AMH pillow
  • my second attempt at an item of clothing, the Sorbetto top
  • a feather pillow for Miss B
  • I finished the EPP cartwheel pillow started last year
  • My big finish was my Scrappy Sampler Quilt
  • my big bold beautiful Liberty Bloomsbury - has been bound, and partially quilted, so I am saying effectively a finish.
So what am I working on next year
  • still more blocks for my seaglass sampler quilt
  • finishing the hand quilting on my Liberty Bloomsbury quilt
  • maybe another EPP project
  • another hand sewn felt ornament in the 12 Days of Christmas swap with my sister
  • a new applique project with my sister - this will involve felt, embroidery, fabric and no doubt a little muttering as I unpick things.
  • hopefully a couple of new additions to my wardrobe.
  • piecing my city sampler blocks into a quilt top 
Linking up to My Makes of 2016 at Say Little Hen

12 comments:

  1. Gosh you've made a lot Julie! I stared for several minutes at that collage of your lovely sewing. I especially love the Scrappy Sampler Quilt - it's so colourful and interesting to look at!

    Thanks for joining in, it was lovely to see a round-up of your year of crafting.

    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely collection of finishes! I especially like your Liberty quilt, beautiful! A successful & creative year Julie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous collection Julie - I'm very impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have had a great creative year, many lovely goodies, here's to next year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've made some lovely things this year Julie! Don't forget the three Christmas decorations you made me too! I love the look of your 2017 list too! The felt, embroidery, fabric ones sounds intriguing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done Julie! You've made some lovely things this yeat. That's a lot considering how much baking and gardening you do too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, such a wonderful achievement, you certainly have completed some lovely things this year. I love all your baking too. Wishing you a wonderful Christmas and best wishes for the New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You were very productive! And you've made so many gorgeous things!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely to see this collection of your makes for the year and you are all ready to go for 2017 with your list of projects.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have done many beautiful quilts and clothes. This has been a good year of you :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. So many beautiful makes Julie - have a lovely Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Amazing!!! Well done my friend! I remember the beautiful skirt. :-) I wanted one after you posted your finished project. ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always read and very much appreciated. I will always endeavour to reply by email unless you happen to be a no-reply blogger. Thank you.