The Scout, Miss B and Mr J have been away in Blenheim at the 21st New Zealand Scout Jamboree for the past 10 days. They return tonight, no doubt tired, but full of so many interesting stories and experiences of what they have done. While I do enjoy time alone to do all the creative things I like, it does get a little lonely. Here is some of what I have been up to.
- I took myself into the city to the Auckland Art Gallery, ostensibly to see the Monet Painting which is currently on loan there. While I can say I have finally seen a Monet painting in real life I was more impressed by the Maori Portraits: Gottfried Lindauer exhibition. Photos weren't allowed, but I would thoroughly recommend that anyone in Auckland visit it. When I had finished I took a little wander up to Albert Park, such stunning blue sky, matching flowers and city scape's that day.
- Time home alone usually means lots of sewing - I have pieced my Tula Pink City Sampler top - all 45 blocks I made. I was going to give this to the Hospice, but a family friend has been quite ill so this will be made for her. Now just to summon the enthusiasm for basting and quilting it.
- A bit of baking preparation for the returning Scouts - One Pot Spiced Apple Cake
- Enjoying making more decorative stitches on another bird for my Bird Dance project
- Of course reading features too, this is my current read, and I am really enjoying it, interesting quirky characters, a little magic, beautifuly descriptive writing, a little history - almost a fairy tale for grown ups.
Have a fabulous weekend everyone