|Image from Tales of Cloth|
|Image courtesy mmmcrafts|
I have been thinking a lot lately about the projects I want make/create and what I need to finish next year.
It sounds like something I learnt at primary school - wants vs needs. Needless to say the want to make list is very long, and the need to make and finish list, substantially shorter. Unfortunately the majority of my 2018 projects will be off, the need to finish list .
So in no particular order (except for the item at the top of the list) here are my plans and projects for 2018:
- EPP Mandolin Block, this was a free offer from Jodi @ Tales of Cloth, basically advertising her new Block of the month project for 2018. I'm going to turn this block into a pillow cover, using some of the liberty from the ones I've just made, however it needs to be completed by 31 January.
- The making of two Drummers drumming decorations in time for Christmas.
- Sea Glass Sampler Quilt - this needs to be finished, and I mean the quilt top pieced, sandwiched, quilted and bound. I have a vague idea of getting it made in time for Miss B's 16th birthday, which is at the end of April. I bought batting, backing and binding fabric the other day,so I have no excuse not to get it done.
- Solstice Dream - the new felt applique and embroidery project I am doing with my sister throughout the year - start date is January 1 and we have a year to complete our own versions of these.
- Midnight in the Tulip Garden - I would like to get this quilt top completed.
- Ice Cream Soda Quilt - all EPP blossoms completed and joined.
- AMH Quilt - sandwiched, basted, quilted and bound.
Now it's your turn to share, it doesn't matter if it's embroidery, a quilt, applique or epp, or some other stitched or sewn project, even plans for 2018 projects as I have done. It can be a start, a finish or just a wip. All we ask is that you follow these guidelines when linking up:
- Link up any post from the past week that features a sewing or stitching project you have been working on.
- Somewhere in your post, please link to this one.
- Also please take the time to read and comment on some of the other linked posts, it is always nice to know that people are reading what you have written, and we are trying to encourage people to keep blogging and reading blogs.
This will be our last link up for 2017. With the Christmas season well and truly upon us, and then the following summer holidays for those of us in the Southern Hemisphere, Linda and I have decided to relax and enjoy them. We are anticipating starting Sew Stitch Snap SHARE again on 7 February 2018.
Thanks for joining us these past few months, it has been wonderful being inspired by so many talented quilters and finding some new and interesting blogs. We look forward to seeing you all in 2018.
Julie and Linda