I found in my stash an old remnant of fabric that I had a wrap skirt made from in the 90's. It is a soft sanded silk like feeling fabric, possible a rayon or viscose of some description, in a lovely drinking chocolate colour. The colour is very hard to photograph accurately, but is closest to real life in the photos of me wearing the cami. (photos courtesy of Miss B)
I figured I'd use this fabric as my muslin, then if I liked the fit, I'd make some up in nice colours ready for the following summer. After measuring myself carefully ( I was size 4), assembling and cutting out the pattern with a little help from Meeka, I was ready to sew. The instructions are really clear with lots of diagrams, and it's not really a hard pattern to make.
Mine fits okay, but I think I need a less padded smoother strapless bra to wear underneath it, it feels a a little tight around the bust, (something I never thought I'd be saying that about any clothing) and seems to catch on the top of the bra and under the arm, causing some wrinkling. I'd possibly also consider lengthening the lining so it sits below the bust line a little lower too.
It's still a comfortable top, and I will try making it again for summer, possibly making it into a longer chemise length for sleepwear.