Monday 25 June 2018

Sunday Stitching






Sunday saw me sitting on the sofa in the sun doing some stitching on my final Solstice Dream block. (sorry for all the alliteration there)  Still a little more to go on this block:

  •  the remaining leaves still need embellsihing
  •  the large gold flower needs an outline stitch of some description 
  • the egg shapes have to have special bees on them - not looking forward to making them, though if they turn out properly, they look fabulous.
Fingers crossed blogger is working again properly for me to reply to comments.  I very nearly moved my blog to WordPress over this.

Wishing you all a fabulous week, where ever you are and whatever you are doing.

12 comments:

  1. That’s going to be a work of art when you are finished!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love your stitching on wool they are so pretty and intricate

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful embroidery, Julie, and colors.
    Don't worry, a bit of alliteration is fun for a change. I think it
    would take a lot of time to try to work out several paragraphs of it though.
    Better to spend time on embroidery!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always love to see photo’s of the Solstice blocks! Such beautiful stitches and colours!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is looking great, I love those little blue roses!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Some lovely details, pretty threads

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looking more beautiful all the time Julie! I'm on holidays and off to do a half day workshop with Anna Maria Horner tomorrow. Are you are wee bit jealous??!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, and how appropriate that you were stitching over the time of the Solstice too!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful stitching and threads Julie.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Can't believe I missed all this beautiful stitching from the post last Sunday!! You've also been changing things around on your blog - love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a lot of detail! Although these type of stitcheries are not my thing... I am constantly amazed by other people doing them.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always read and very much appreciated. I will always endeavour to reply by email unless you happen to be a no-reply blogger. Thank you.