Sunday 26 August 2018

Uvita Top





I've been searching for that elusive pattern - the one that will make the perfect basic knit top.  The Uvita Top,  a free PDF pattern, from Itch to Stitch comes pretty close

It is quite a quick and easy top to sew.  The instructions are very clear and it comes in a range of sizes, and also two sleeve lengths.  I fell between sizes so made the size 2, which fits well around the shoulders and bust, however, I feel I could possible go  down a size around the waist and hips, and possible shorten it a little.   I love the slight boatneck neckline, and it is a very comfortable top to wear.  This one is made from a dark grey merino blend, which will be perfect for trans seasonal layering .  I'd like to try a striped one next with 3/4 length sleeves.

9 comments:

  1. fabulous! I can't wait to get my sewing machine out in November after all the studying has finished!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like that! I have not made a top with knits but I know my machine could do it if I find the knit that I like! I will bookmark this

    ReplyDelete
  3. The top looks lovely on you Julie! And imagine, a free pattern! Where do you source your fabric from? That is the difficulty I have- finding the right fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love sewing with knit fabrics, they’re so comfortable! This top looks really great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that boatnck line! It suits you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great finish and fit, Julie.
    I think the length is perfect too.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always read and very much appreciated. I will always endeavour to reply by email unless you happen to be a no-reply blogger. Thank you.