Friday 5 October 2018

Sylvia Robe











Well the Sylvia Robe is finished.

After yesterday's little hissy fit, I sat down today and sewed the neckband on,  pressed it well, then after much measuring, I carefully trimmed the bottom of the kimono to even it up.  To make it the correct finished length,  I made a band the same width as the neck band and attached it to the bottom of the jacket.  It is definitely not perfect, but it is infinitely wearable and will be a perfect layering piece for my summer work wardrobe.

The Sylvia Robe Pattern is from Sew Over It (I was by the time I had finished it), and is easy to follow and to make,  other versions I have seen on Instagram and blogs look as though they have turned out well, so I'll put this one down to a maker's mistake somewhere.  I may make this pattern again one day, and Sew Over It have lots of other blouse patterns I'd like to try one day also. I might need an overlocker first though.

Anyway I'm off to celebrate the arrival of the weekend and the fact I finished another garment with a glass of wine now.

Happy weekend to you all.

**Photos taken by Miss B on a slightly breezy afternoon**

8 comments:

  1. A great finish! And I love the material!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, beautifully finished.
    It looks great on you.
    I'd love to have about 10 of those.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You really did come up with the perfect solution Julie! The colour and design really suit you! I must check out that pattern company. I think it is a new one to me? Do you follow Pattern Review website? You probably do. It is a wealth of information regarding patterns etc.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It turned out pretty! Lovely color!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done you for persevering ‘cos it looks great! Gorgeous fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful finish Julie - well worth the persistence, and it looks so good on you! I love the fabric you used - the pattern is so pretty in that pink.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks wonderful Julie, even if you were over it!! The fabric is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice jacket Julie and I love the colour.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always read and very much appreciated. I will always endeavour to reply by email unless you happen to be a no-reply blogger. Thank you.