- I was so inspired with my Carolina Chain quilt after my last post, that I ended up finishing the quilt over the next two days. I added a charcoal shot cotton border, which has taken it's size to approximately 51" square.
- While perusing the online fabrics at Drapers, I found a lovely double bordered fabric in the remnants area, as soon as I saw it I was visualising it as my next Eva dress. Again definitely more than 10 minutes a day sewing, but so worth it.
- I have also been applying the "10 minutes a day" principle to other areas of my life too and I have found it is definitely making life a little bit easier and I am feeling that I am slowly accomplishing things on my to do list. Currently it is rather long, we are getting the carpet replaced in all living areas and bedrooms in a couple of weeks. There is a lot of stuff to be cleared out before we can rip the old carpet up. Especially in the kids rooms. Little and often is my motto at present.
- My poor garden is very dry at present. we have had a heatwave for the past couple of weeks, so there is not a lot of colour. I try to have plants that can survive with out being watered frequently over the summer months ( as we pay for water usage). This mandevilla is providing a continuous splash of colour. It wasn't doing to well as a climber in my garden, so I moved the pot, and it seems to be thriving as a potted shrub. Look carefully for the wasp inside one of the flowers.
- I am very lucky, this little beach is probably only 500m walk from my house, sometimes I remember to walk down there and enjoy seeing the sunset.
Wishing you all a wonderful weekend and week ahead.