- Listening to London Grammar and Leon Bridges while sewing. Tiny Happy has a great list of music recommendation on this post and I have been having fun listening to, new to me music.
- Sewing - another little butterfly - these are going to be used in a pouch for an upcoming birthday
- Reading: Life After Life by Kate Atkinson, is what I have been trying to read this week, I must confess that I am finding it a little confusing with all the turn backs in time, and am not sure if I am really enjoying it. The Seed Collectors by Scarlett Thomas turned up for me at the library on Friday, and yes, I started it, ( I am sure other people have two books on the go at the same time)
- Basting and quilting - the backing for my Scrappy Sampler Quilt has been made, so Saturday saw me crawling round on the floor, spray and pin basting. Now on to the quilting, I have made a start on this, doing my usual, somewhat organic straight lines.
- Cooking - beetroot and lemon chutney, I have to start using up the beetroot now from the vegetable garden. Guess that means Chocolate Beetroot cake and brownies over the next couple of weeks too.
- A little visitor, discovered quite accidentally in my Star Jasmine. This is a green and gold bell frog, a species introduced to New Zealand.
I am making the most of my last day of the long weekend, and relaxing. Summer holidays are officially over, life is back to usual this week - work for me, school for Miss B and Mr J. It's going to be hard to get back into that morning rush routine. Have a wonderful week.