Gosh it's been age since I last wrote on my poor neglected blog.
I'm working full time, but still reading and creating, just not as prolifically. Here's a brief rundown of some of what I have been up to over the past couple of months.
- I've started a new English paper piecing (epp) project using house blocks and squares. Currently I am piecing the house blocks out of my Liberty fabric stash, and I'm thinking the squares will be assorted low volume projects from my stash. I'm enjoying having a portable project again, that I can work on in my lunchbreaks, or pick up in the evening for a quick stitching fix.
- A new little embroidery/wool applique project has also been started, I've picked threads to match one of my favourite Alison Glass fabrics.
- The sidewinder pants were the first pair of trousers I've made that weren't culottes. They have an elastic waist, perfect for over eating and a cool twisted side seam. They are a very different look for me, and I'm not sure I like them on me, they do look better in the photos, than looking at them in a mirror, so it may be a matter of perception.
- I also made a new top for special occasion a couple of weeks ago. I used the Hilary Top pattern from Tessuti Fabrics, omitting the peplum and lengthening the bodice. I made an XS but could possible have graded to a S. Fabric is rayon in a lovely green animal print that just doesn't photograph well.
- I've finally managed to get away to a beach, it's not quite the same in winter, being unable to swim, cos I'm very much a summer swimmer only, but it was bliss to go out for meals, walk on the beach and just escape life in Auckland.
Happy weekending .