Some of the random makes, happenings and finds from the past month:
- My Carolina Chain quilt is progressing well, possibly some of my medium fabrics are a little bright, but I figure this will be a really cheerful scrappy quilt, with lots of interesting fabrics. It's destined to be donated to my local Hospice when it is finished.
- The other weekend I took advantage of one of my favourite fabric stores having 50% off everything and bought some fabric. The top fabric is a silk/viscose and is going to be made into a top, the middle is a cotton/linen is destined to be some shorts (pattern has been printed and assembled) and the bottom cotton print will be a dress of some description.
- This large moth (about 2") was resting on my mailbox for a few hours one day - I haven't identified it properly but after some time on google, I am thinking it is possibly be a type of Kawakawa Looper moth.
- Some pretty blooms from my garden - Dietes Grandiflora and a tropical Vireya
- Pretty piles of quilting fabric make a good resting and hiding place for Meeka - not that there is a lot of room on my cutting table at present for her either.