Way back in the depths of winter I was perusing pattern books at Spotlight looking for inspiration for a shirt. Instead I came across a dress pattern, Simplicity 9042, fell love with the sleeveless version, and immediately decided to buy it.
After deliberating at a few fabric shops for the perfect colour linen, I found a beautiful soft smooth aqua linen at the fabric shop Otara.
Fast forward to slightly warmer days of late November, I decided to make it. Version A the sleeveless option was my pick. My measurements put me at a size 12 for the bodice and a size 16 for the waist and skirt. Problem was my pattern only went up to a size 14. After working out the finished size measurements I was able to grade from a 12 to 14 successfully. It also has tucks in the front and back, so I had a little bit of leeway to work with if I had needed to adjust the bodice a bit more
I've been quite spoilt making clothes from indie pattern companies, which give really detailed instructions and diagrams, I have to admit I did notice the difference using a pattern from an older established pattern company.
Overall the dress was a relatively quick and easy make, I'm really pleased with the fit and am looking forward to wafting around in it on warm summer days.