It has been a strange week here. I have been feeling rather out of sorts with my family and life in general. The Scout even dared to ask me if I was getting menopausal. (No, I didn't throw anything at him). I haven't worked this week either, and I think sometimes waiting for that call in the morning, puts me on edge too. The sewing machine hasn't been touched either, very unlike me.
Anyhoo, there have been some doings and happenings around home.
- I have some more lovely cookbooks to read, I am especially liking Ginger & White, nice family friendly recipes and The Smitten Kitchen Cookbook. I love cookbooks which give anecdotes and almost make it seem like a recipe and story from a good friend. The Nigel Slater Kitchen Diaries is just slightly to big and heavy to read comfortably when lying in bed. Does anyone else read cookbooks in bed?
- Using some goodies received in swaps - my lovely quilted drawstring bag as a project bag and my needle book
- Loving the bright golden lemons in my garden - they didn't ripen in time for my summer G & T's, but will certainly be enjoyed in winter baking.
- Vegetable soup bubbling away on my stove
- A little bit of stitching for a swap friend