A weekend at home.
- I decided I need life in my house that isn't children, a cat or a husband. No flowers in my garden to pick unfortunately. So a bunch of glossy green and silvery leaves, in a cyrstal vase displayed with some treasures suffice. I also bought a new pot plant and re-potted a couple of other plants up. Fingers crossed they keep growing.
- I have been enjoying watching Rachel Khoo's Kitchen Notebook: London, on television the last couple of weeks. So I was delighted to find her french cookbooks for some beautiful weekend reading. There are actually a lot of recipes I would like to make in these books too.
- Some sewing for the Pack Patch QAL - week 5. This weeks themes were: Moments with Mum - the pink block represents my mum's and my love of gardens, flowers and visiting gardens open to the public. The other block represents: A Joyful Moment with Children. After much discussion with Miss B and Mr J, we decided that one of our best moments together was boogie boarding on a summer camping trip at Waipu Cove. The sun was shining and the water was perfect. We had a great day.
- The vegetable garden is flourishing. We have been eating spinach (so have the snails), rocket and rainbow chard.
- Some more sewing , I have been trying out a New York Beauty block. Unfortunately, I think the top piece may need to be redone for more contrast.