Tuesday 11 December 2018

Things Here Lately








Some of the random makes, happenings and finds from the past month:
  • My Carolina Chain quilt is progressing well, possibly some of my medium fabrics are a little bright, but I figure this will be a really cheerful scrappy quilt, with lots of interesting fabrics.  It's destined to be donated to my local Hospice when it is finished.
  • The other weekend I took advantage of one of my favourite fabric stores having 50% off everything and bought some fabric.  The top fabric is a silk/viscose and is going to be made into a top, the middle is a cotton/linen  is destined to be some shorts (pattern has been printed and assembled) and the bottom cotton print will be a dress of some description.
  • This large moth (about 2") was resting on my mailbox for a few hours one day - I haven't identified it properly but after some time on google, I am thinking it is possibly be a type of Kawakawa Looper moth.
  • Some pretty blooms from my garden - Dietes Grandiflora and a tropical Vireya
  • Pretty piles of quilting fabric make a good resting and hiding place for Meeka - not that there is a lot of room on my cutting table at present for her either.

8 comments:

  1. always love seeing your flowers when it is winter here

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who doesn't love a scrappy quilt?! That moth is wonderful. Meeka, the helper!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how your 'carolina chain' blocks are progressing. I'm all in favour of adding a little bit of 'bright, it adds a real sparkle!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the look of the silk Julie- gorgeous colour!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Sweet Kitty :-) I love the smile she shares.
    Thank you for sharing your flowers. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely post Julie and I think we may both have the same Vireya in flower. Love the photo of Meeka, she looks very content.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your scrappy quilt looks wonderful Julie, love the fabrics you have bought. Great close up of the moth, looks like you could give it a pat 😆 beautiful flowers, lovebthe xpression on your cats face.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Meeka does look very cozy!
    Thanks for sharing your photos of color and texture.
    I'll enjoy seeing your projects come to life.
    And your Carolina Chain is a scrappy beauty.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always read and very much appreciated. I will always endeavour to reply by email unless you happen to be a no-reply blogger. Thank you.