Friday 15 July 2022

Things Here Lately

 











Gosh it's been age since I last wrote on my poor neglected blog.

I'm working full time, but  still reading and creating, just not as prolifically.  Here's a brief rundown of some of what I have been up to over the past couple of months.

  • I've started a new English paper piecing (epp) project using house blocks and squares.  Currently I am piecing the house blocks out of my Liberty fabric stash, and I'm thinking the squares will be assorted low volume projects from my stash. I'm enjoying having a portable project again, that I can work on in my lunchbreaks, or pick up in the evening for a quick stitching fix.
  • A new little embroidery/wool applique project has also been started, I've picked threads to match one of my favourite Alison Glass fabrics.
  • The sidewinder pants were the first pair of trousers I've made that weren't culottes.  They have an elastic waist, perfect for over eating and a cool twisted side seam.  They are a very different look for me, and I'm not sure I like them on me, they do look better in the photos, than looking at them in a mirror,  so it may be a matter of perception.
  • I also made a new top for special occasion a couple of weeks ago. I used the Hilary Top pattern from Tessuti Fabrics, omitting the peplum and lengthening the bodice.  I made an XS but could possible have graded to a S.  Fabric is rayon in a lovely green animal print that just doesn't photograph well.
  • I've finally managed to get away to a beach, it's not quite the same in winter, being unable to swim, cos I'm very much a summer swimmer only, but it was bliss to go out for meals, walk on the beach and just escape life in Auckland.
Happy weekending .










4 comments:

  1. Love your Liberty crosses! It's nice to see a post again Julie! I'm still visiting blogs, but having all my comments bouncing back makes it less fun! Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do appreciate your comments and the fact you still read my poor neglected blog.

      Delete
  2. I really like those crosses and will be interested to see what EPP project you are making - I find EPP addictive

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty Liberty crosses Julie. A mini break is perfect to recharge the batteries! Where did you go?

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always read and very much appreciated. I will always endeavour to reply by email unless you happen to be a no-reply blogger. Thank you.