Thursday 6 October 2022

The Pretty Woman Polo Dress

 







I have long loved the iconic polka dot dress that Julia Roberts wore in the movie Pretty Woman, and when I saw that Burda magazine had made a pattern for the dress, I was quite excited.  A couple of years down the track from the magazine being published, I have finally traced the pattern and made my version.

No brown polka dots for me though, it's all floral and colour.  I learned some new to me techniques making this, with the all in one enclosed facing and shoulder seams, making a casing for the elastic waist , and a thread button loop.  I also experienced much frustration with the hem which wouldn't hang straight and now relies on me sashaying  a lot or artfully leaning against walls to look perfect.  Honestly no will probably notice really, but we maker's always notice the imperfections.

I would like to find a nice belt to wear with it too, but I think currently it fits the bill, for a cool floaty summer dress, ready to wear when I'm in Brisbane.


Pattern:  Dress 101 Burda 04/2020, size 38

Fabric:  floral rayon

**Photos taken with the self timer on my mobile, so apologies for a slight blurriness.


1 comment:

  1. My favourite movie. Your dress looks gorgeous in floral and can't see whats wrong with your hem, it hangs well on.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always read and very much appreciated. I will always endeavour to reply by email unless you happen to be a no-reply blogger. Thank you.