Monday 4 December 2023

Kismet Kiss - A Finished Quilt

 







Photo from https://www.instagram.com/cultivatedbychristin/



Yay - I'm so pleased I managed to finish a quilt this year.

I started my Kismet Kiss quilt back in April 2021 and as usual, with my quilts, it has been a slow process. 

Originally I had planned a totally random scrappy quilt, but decided to make it a little more cohesive using colours from a  beautiful floral arrangement as my colour palette.  I think I managed to work within the restrictions quite well. 

The English paper pieced blocks (EPP) were supposed to number about 48, but I got sick of doing them and stopped at 25.  These were all pieced together in January this year .   Borders from Kaffe Fasset fabrics were added to make the quilt a useable size, and a multi fabric pieced backing in colours similar to those I used used in the quilt front was made.  I decided to hand quilt it using a deep purple perle thread, my stitches are definitely not even, but really no one will be looking that closely ( hope)  and I do think that finished is better than perfect. 

The binding is an orange grunge fabric with colours found in the quilt too.

I am really happy with how this quilt has turned out, and as yet haven't decided if it will be a keeper or gift.



7 comments:

  1. It looks great Julie and you’ve captured the colours of the flowers beautifully. Such a dramatic quilt

    ReplyDelete
  2. The quilting results in a lovely soft and drapey quilt! Congratulations on your wonderful quilt finish!

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is one good thing about most quilts if you tire of them you can make them smaller - sometimes you need to make a couple extra blocks to do that but it does get done faster. Your quilt looks great

    ReplyDelete
  4. That turned out completely beautiful! I laughed when you said you got “sick of doing them” and stopped making the paper-pieced blocks. I’m at that point with the star blocks I’m making. The quilt is in time-out while I figure out how I can finish with what I have. Love that about crafting: the improvisation and brainstorming solutions.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Didn’t mean to be anonymous with the prior post: just forgot to add my name! 😂

    ReplyDelete
  6. A beautiful quilt Julie, and all your hand quilting makes it extra special. And your binding choice is perfect👍

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's lovely. The pink and red stars really pop.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always read and very much appreciated. I will always endeavour to reply by email unless you happen to be a no-reply blogger. Thank you.