Almost two years after receiving a layer cake of Bonnie & Camille's Ruby fabric, I have finished my quilt.
It is made up of 36 nine patch blocks. The white sashing and fabric in the blocks is a vintage cotton sheet.
As I can not get a walking foot to fit my machine,I had problems trying to machine quilt the centre panel of the quilt. After unpicking a couple of attempts I eventually decided to hand quilt each block. The border however was machine quilted in rows approximately 1 1/2 inches apart
I used a polyester batting to save money - however I don't think I enjoyed sewing that as much as cotton or bamboo batting. The backing is a Prints Charming print on cotton poplin - that too may have caused some of my problems because it seems to be slipperier than quilting cotton.
Now that it is finished I am enjoying seeing it on my bed with the cushion I made. I may make another couple of cushions to replace the old ones I was previously using.
**The first of my Q3 Finish-A-Long projects to be completed.***