Sunday 14 July 2013

Weekending








This weekend is the beginning of the school holidays in New Zealand.  The Scout and Mr J are in Cambridge helping my father in law move hay.  Miss B and I spent Saturday with her Scout Troop doing a sausage sizzle to help fund raise for the Scout Jamboree  in Fielding at the end of the year. Luckily the day was beautiful and fine.

I have a fabulous pile of new library books to work my way through - currently I am reading Almost Amish, all about simplifying and slowing down your life.  Very thought provoking.

I have been the lucky recipient of lots of lemons and grapefruit, so on Sunday I made a up some Lemon Curd and then tried a new recipe for the grapefruit - Ginger Grapefruit Curd. The ginger taste isn't as strong as I thought it would be, possibly because I used crushed fresh ginger from a jar.  Miss B and I still enjoyed it on toast with a cup of tea for lunch.

Some sewing got done too.  A little purse which will attach to your key ring.  Great for when you don't want to take a full wallet or bag with you.  It will fit a drivers license and small amount of cash in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are always read and very much appreciated. I will always endeavour to reply by email unless you happen to be a no-reply blogger. Thank you.