So much for my big weekend sewing - there seem to be more food photos than anything else in this post.
- Rhubarb and Apple Upside Down Cake. Please note the absence of baked caramel on this cake - all was going well until it started baking in the oven - then the caramel oozed out the bottom of the cake tin (lesson here - do not use spring-form tins for recipes like this), and dripped all on the racks and subsequently burnt on the bottom of the oven. Needless to say I now have a shiny clean oven
- Broad Bean and Pea Dip with pita crisps - made from the last of my broad beans - sort of like a green hummus.
- Sunday morning brioche - this week custard and raspberry. I think this is the last batch for a while, the dough seemed to stick and break more now that the weather is getting warmer. I told The Scout he will have to start doing Sunday brunch on the BBQ for us all.
- Fabric pull for a sewing machine cover for my machine.
- One of the beautiful Kalanchoes currently flowering in my garden - love the dusty pinks and apricot shades in this one.
What is flowering in your garden at present?
Did you get to sew anything?
Have a great week.