Tuesday 15 October 2013

Bits and Pieces





The school holidays are over, Miss B and Mr J are back at school.  It is blowing a gale today, and I have been out on the first day of my sewing machine hunt.  Oh it would be so much easier if there was a shop that stocked all the brands I am looking at - Bernina, Janome and Brother, rather than having to go to lots of different shops. Pricewise, Bernina is out, so hopefully Thursday I will be able to continue the hunt.

In other news, I have finished my ornaments for the Christmas swap I am participating in and made up a package with some Christmas ribbons and Christmas fabric scraps to send.

A Linzer Slice has been baked for morning teas this week.

I have been eyeing up lots of lovely quilt ideas for 2014 - I want to make a medallion quilt of some description, so have just started a pinterest board for inspiration.  I am probably going way past my quilting abilities with this ambitious quilt, however I am thinking of using the colours in this antique bowl for it.

And some really happy news - I have won a $20 voucher from Pink Chalk Fabrics - so I will have some fun finding ways to use this.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are always read and very much appreciated. I will always endeavour to reply by email unless you happen to be a no-reply blogger. Thank you.