I have been enjoying time in my sewing room over the Christmas /New Year holidays. Just before 2015 ended, I spent a day sewing and finished the top of my Bloomsbury Quilt. It is a massive 81" square now, the original pattern was only 60" square. Because of my changes I have now called my version the Bloomsbury Plus Quilt. I had a couple of hiccups with the purple solid, in that I cut the wrong size strips(twice), so had to do a slightly patchier border than I wanted, however you don't really notice it. Now I need to acquire an awful lot of fabric for the backing, make it, then baste it. I have this silly idea of hand quilting it, so I think this may be a long term project this year.
New Year's Day was very wet in Auckland. The perfect day for sewing. I didn't feel like starting any new projects, so pulled out my Scrappy Sampler Quilt blocks and started piecing them together into larger blocks. Deciding that this project cannot work without a design wall, I pulled out my batting, and installed a semi permanent one in the room next to my sewing room. I do have to admit, that I am finding improv quilting rather difficult, however I do like the blocks I have done so far. It is rather like a very big jigsaw, pieces are continually getting shuffled around, so it will be anyone's guess as to how this quilt will turn out.