Wednesday, 13 January 2016
So the Scrappy Sampler Quilt is still a work in progress. I am still working on piecing together all the random sized blocks with mainly low volume fabrics thus making larger blocks, which means they are easier to piece together. No Y seams this way. I think that makes sense. I am still not sure that I like what I am creating here. I think I am so used to sewing to a pattern, where I may add a border, or use different colours, to make it mine. Improv sewing is really a lot harder than I realised. A couple of blog friends, suggested adding some solids,to break up the busyness of all the different fabrics and patterns, so I used some ash coloured shot cotton strips, randomly in some blocks, they seem to add a bit of cohesion to this mess.
I am still aiming to get the top finished by the end of January, or else I think it will end up in the too hard box and never get done.
Linking up to WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced.