Friday 2 December 2016

Blooming Lovely

Cosmos

Cosmos

Dianthus or Pinks

Feijoa flowers

Star Jasmine

Linda's Calla Lily

Mango Calla Lily

African Marigold

Some of the lovely flowers in my garden at present.

The Cosmos are thriving, my Feijoa trees have flowers, so fingers crossed they turn into fruit this autumn.  My Star Jasmine (of which I have a lot) is a mass of blooms and scents the evening air so beautifully, if only it was warm enough in the evenings to sit outside and enjoy it.

My lovely Calla lillies have just started to flower.  At the beginning of 2015, Linda  and I swapped some bulbs, ( her lemon callas for my mango callas) hoping for flowers last summer.  Nothing happened, but this year they have started to bloom, the colour is actually a beautiful clear lemony shade not the lime shade it appears in the photos.

The ever faithful African marigold - I plant these in my vegetable garden as part of my companion planting scheme.

What's flowering in your garden at present?
Happy Weekend to you all.

8 comments:

  1. I love the Linda's lily, wow! Are you able to use it as a cut flower?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Julie your garden must be looking just lovely. Your Calla lilies are earlier than mine and how I wish we still had a Feijoa tree in the garden, I can almost smell the Star Jasmine!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your garden must give you great pleasure Julie! As I don't have a garden as such, I'm guessing this one takes some looking after!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not much flowering here now, but I am enjoying seeing your lovely blooms!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great close ups, I really love the feijoa one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love cosmos, Julie! They are so sweet and blowzy, I enjoy seeing them wave in the breeze.

    I'm so glad I found your blog...I can enjoy pretty flowers during our dreary Chicago winter!

    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, Julie! Your garden looks lovely. Beautiful Calla lilies.

    -Soma

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always read and very much appreciated. I will always endeavour to reply by email unless you happen to be a no-reply blogger. Thank you.