Woohoo - my Tiptoe through the Tulips test block is finished. I love how this came together and how the colours really pop against the dark background, almost reminiscent of stained glass. Read here for the story behind my colour palette inspiration.
Allison's pattern instructions were clear and on the whole the pattern came together easily. Only one of the large leaf arrow blocks had to be unpicked, because I got the HST round the wrong way. I have to admit I wasn't looking forward to making the Drunkard's Path blocks, I have sewn curves before but never this many. They turned out well, and as the blocks are sewn a little larger than required, there is room for trimming too, so they all end up looking pretty near perfect.
I had intended to use Allison Glass's new Sunprint range for the flowers, unfortunately due to big delays in post arriving, I had to resort to some fabrics in my stash, luckily my fabric order turned up in time for the applique circles, which gave just the pop of colour I was wanting. I used the foil applique method for the large circle in the centre of the block and raw edge applique for the small circles, which I finished with a blanket stitch. The little bias applique strips are a Liberty print.
For more inspiring test blocks, have a look here. Thanks Allison for letting me test this pattern, I know there will be some stunning quilts made once your pattern is released.