Happenings from the week just gone and this weekend.
- Working on my Tiptoe through the Tulips test block, so far I am liking how it's looking. I'm using a shot cotton in Carbon colourway for the background, love the colour, hate how it frays. Now I just need to finish the arrow/leaf blocks, applique on some circles after I have decided on their colour and sew it together.
- We had lunch at my sister in laws yesterday, she made these delicious Fish cakes. She also had a new nine month old cat, so very entertaining seeing Mr J play with her. I had forgotten how much energy a young cat has.
- Miss B thinks she would like to try sugar free for the month of March, so she will not be eating cakes, biscuits, muesli bars and processed cereals. I don't have the time or the money, to completely change our diets, or cook a separate meal for her each night, however I feel that on the whole we are pretty healthy eaters. We have compromised, in that she will eat things like pasta with sauce, if the sugar content is less than 5g per serving. It has been an interesting experience looking at food labels while shopping, however, I have found some products use significantly less sugar then others so have bought these for us too. Luckily my sister in law has tried this way of eating, so I borrowed a recipe book from her for inspiration also.
- My first Yoga class was on Wednesday evening, I didn't really know what to expect but enjoyed it immensely. I think the combination of doing something just for me, the time out away from home and all those stretches was just what I needed. For the first time in weeks I haven't had tension in my neck or shoulders. Of course leaning over a sewing machine brings it back. Looking forward to next week.
- I am reading The Dark Days Club - unusually for me, this is young adult/teen fiction. Set in high society Regency England with a supernatural theme, I am actually quite enjoying this so far. It is the first in the series.
- Stitching away on two new birds for Bird Dance
Hope you all have a wonderful week.