Friday 13 July 2018

Here & Now






I have actually been doing other things apart from coat sewing lately, so here's a little rundown of what is happening behind the scenes.

Loving // All the good reads I have had lately from my library.

Eating // Winter comfort food - soups, casseroles, risottos


Drinking // Hot chocolates


Feeling // Very virtuous - I went to my weekly yoga class, then spent a couple of hours in the garden, cutting things back for spring.  I can see where I've been, however there is still  quite a bit more to do, but that's a job for another day now.


Making //  A new felt and embroidery project - this one won't take long, then it's back to my Solstice Dream. Check out that glitter felt !!


Thinking //My tamarillos can't have too much longer to wait  until I can eat them


Dreaming // Of making some summer clothes, I must finish a couple of WIPs before I get distracted again though.



Wishing everyone a wonderful weekend.  Linking to Here & Now at Say Little Hen

10 comments:

  1. The felt project is beautiful Julie! Yum!! So many tamarillos..enjoy them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your stitching I think I say that every time you show your pieces - just so neat. My library had one of the books so I am on a wait list and I purchased one for my kindle - I'm always looking for new to me books

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the felt project, your stitching is so neat and precise.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another cute felt project! I have one lined up for when I finish all my other hand stitching and knitting projects!
    On a side note, I was thinking about all your clothes sewing....Would you consider making a page for all the clothes you've made and the links to the patterns, Julie? I really want to explore independent pattern suppliers and your blogposts are such a great resource! Of course, I suppose I could search your 'clothing' labels?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful work on your project. Yes, the glitter felt looks great.
    Nice embroidery.
    I'll have to research tamarillos, I'm not familiar with them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I need a book review from you on Fredrik's book!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely photo’s of th things that keep you busy! Love the felt!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Always a joy to see your beautiful embroidery Julie. Reading your post I was reminded that somewhere in the mids of my mental list of things to do is the task of pruning!! I think we are more or less guaranteed one day of sunshine this week but I doubt that will be enough time.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your embroidery is so beautiful, Julie. I love the leaf! I read The Seven Imperfect Rules of Elvira Carr recently and enjoyed it to. Isn't it great to be able to get such good books from the library! Meg:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love seeing your different projects, you’re always up to something exciting!

    Thanks for joining in again Julie :-)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always read and very much appreciated. I will always endeavour to reply by email unless you happen to be a no-reply blogger. Thank you.