Sunday 29 July 2018

Weekending









  • The end is in sight on my Solstice Dream project, not that there isn't still a fair bit of work to do on the borders.  I love how it looks with all the blocks pieced together though.
  • I have had a pile of interesting books from the library, that I am slowly working my way through.  So far I have read and enjoyed The Cactus by Sarah Haywood and The Sixteen Trees of the Somme by Lars Mytting.
  • Scenes from the farm my daughter's archery club is located at.  Lambing season is just starting.  I sat in the car sewing and being entertained by the sheep while she was traipsing through muddy swampy paddocks and climbing up and down hills on the 3D target course.
Have a wonderful week.

8 comments:

  1. Your quilt IS lovely and you must be tickled pink to see the blocks together. Do you think some of the wool felt came from those very sheep you were watching?? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Solstice Dream is a perfect title for this stunning embroidery Julie, you must be so thrilled.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Solstice projectlooks superb. How did you get those seams so nice and flat? Do you use a larger seam allowance and press them open.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Normal 1/4" seam and pressed open. I wonder if the type of felt makes a difference to - this is merino felt.

      Delete
  4. I am reading Beneath a Scarlet Sky .. extremely interesting. I did not know much of what happened in Italy during WW2.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You make such a pretty stitches! Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your 'solstice dream' quilt - do you have somewhere special to hang it when it's all done?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good progress and stitching.
    And beautiful photos of an idyllic pasture.
    Sounds like your daughter had a workout!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always read and very much appreciated. I will always endeavour to reply by email unless you happen to be a no-reply blogger. Thank you.