Monday 17 March 2014

Weekending





I worked most of Saturday.  I have finished my training and am now officially a casual library assistant, rostered on when people are away or they need weekend staff.  I have the next three days off, which I will probably spend doing housework and catching up on things I haven't done over the last month.

We had rain this weekend - not enough to really make a difference to my lawns and garden yet.  But it is a start.

I have a pile of the most fabulous books to read - though I think that The Luminaries  (864 pages) is going to take up a large chunk of the month I am able to have most of these books.

A little time was spent playing on my sewing machine - four more envelopes were made for my SWAK Swap partners.

How was your weekend?

3 comments:

  1. I wanted to be a librarian . . . but ended up studying architecture instead . . . kinda crazy. So now I'm an architect with a tower of novels next to her bed. Enjoy your days off.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your garden shots! Glad you all got some rain! And yes that stack of books looks fantastic! I am glad you have a couple of days off to catch up! Here is to a lovely week ahead! Nicole xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Julie
    How lovely to be working at a library.
    I love those swap blocks. Is there a pattern out there on the net for those?
    Linda

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always read and very much appreciated. I will always endeavour to reply by email unless you happen to be a no-reply blogger. Thank you.