Monday 24 September 2018

Solstice Dream - Finished













Yes it is finished.  The fabulous custom quilting was done by my friend Leeanne of Quiltmekiwi.  She has done a wonderful job, and I hope she had fun creating all the swoops and swirls and feathery flourishes.  She also quilted my sister's version and that will be winging it's way to Brisbane this week with our Mum, ready for her to finish.

After much deliberation I chose  a Brandon Mably print, called Victoria Stripe Hot for the binding.   I was besieged by doubt about my fabric choice as I started hand stitching it down, thinking it too bright, but I am happy with it now it is finished.

Well the binding has been put on, the hanging rods in place and Solstice Dream has now replaced Bird Dance on the wall in my Family room.

Solstice Dream pattern from Kerry Stitch Designs

Edited:  To see pictures of the one made by my sister, check out Leeanne's blog post here,






11 comments:

  1. A beautiful wall hanging! There's so much to look at, heaps of detailed stitching, pretty colours, and I love the little extra 'pop' with the binding! And, the background quilting creates lovely texture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely! And the binding picks up all the wonderful colours - a great choice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning! The colours are so vibrant and I love all the creatures on your quilt. Meg:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic quilt, the quilting is just awesome but so is your applique!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your quilt is beautiful and the quilting is fantastic. Your choice of binding is perfect. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the flowers and insects, of course your embroidery is fabulous.
    And the quilting is tastefully done.
    Congratulations, Julie.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You must be thrilled with it Julie! The quilting has really brought it to life! I particularly like the heart shape at the bottom and that cute little hedgehog.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on a beautiful quilt! So bright and whimsical - thank you for all the beautiful closeups which really let me admire each part of the quilt - the quilting, the colors, the embroidery. The binding choice was perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just beautiful Julie, I saw the quilting happening on Leeannes blog and thought it was yours! Love that little hedgehog.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful! The quilting is amazing, so perfectly done! Love the binding color too.:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I saw this over at Leeanne's but it's great to see it again :-) Beautiful quilt - your applique is gorgeous and I love the binding you used - a great choice. This will have pride of place in your home, I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always read and very much appreciated. I will always endeavour to reply by email unless you happen to be a no-reply blogger. Thank you.