Tuesday 23 April 2019

Gold Coast Holiday



Kangaroo and joey in the hotel grounds










Tree Kangaroo


At the LEGO shop by Dreamworld




All dressed up for the celebratory anniversary dinner

Tiger Island at Dreamworld




Well. I'm back from a very special family holiday.  Somewhat refreshed and definitely finding the cooler temperatures a little bit of a shock.

My in-laws are celebrating their 50th wedding anniversary and totally spoiled us all, by taking all  their family to the Gold Coast for a celebratory holiday.  We stayed at a beautiful resort, that had kangaroos wandering the grounds, lovely gardens, pools and beautiful rooms and breakfasts.  It was a lovely time of year to visit, not too hot, and some beautiful tropical flowering plants were still in bloom for me to admire.  I also enjoyed being able to wear pieces of my handmade summer wardrobe most days, definitely too cool for that here now.

We spent time with old friends, and my sister and her family who live in Brisbane.

The Scout, Miss B , Mr J and I went to the Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary, where I did the Treetops Challenge - this was totally outside my comfort zone, but I can say I did complete the highest course. (No photos for proof unfortunately) This was also a nice wildlife sanctuary to visit, home to some  interesting birds,  Koalas, and other native animals. You can pet the kangaroos there, and it was quite cool to wander through a giant aviary and see the lemurs jumping around the railings too.

My sisters-in-law and I had a morning shopping at Harbour Town (new swimsuits all round) and a night out at a cocktail bar, which was a lot of fun, we were all fit and able the next morning too.  I have discovered I like margaritas.

On Easter Sunday we had full family ( all 17 of us) outing to Dreamworld.  I went on some  roller coasters and other rides, saw the Consentino - the Illusionist.  Probably the highlight for me was Tiger Island.

And if anyone was wondering if I worked on handquilting the hexies I took over, the answer was no.  Though a little stash enhancement that I had ordered was collected and brought home.

We're all home now, bags are unpacked, I have survived my first day back at work and life is slowly reverting back to normal.





7 comments:

  1. sounds like a lovely time - love seeing the exotic plants and wildlife even though at a zoo -- your dresses you made look perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a fabulous trip! I never really to the 'tourist' thing when I'm there, I just blob with my kids and grandkids.....in air conditioning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fab sounding trip Julie - best times with family! My family and I are heading to the Gold Coast in the July school holidays, roll on July (especially looking forward to shopping at Harbour Town again!) Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a fantastic time. Beautiful photos too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great family vacation!
    Amazing animals to see, wow. And you look gorgeous in your outfits.
    Good you made it back safe and not too exhausted.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great adventure. You look so lovely Julie!
    How was kitty while you were away? I bet when you get into the sewing room she will be eager to help. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That looks like an amazing trip! Thanks for sharing the beautiful photo’s of Australian’s Gold Coast!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always read and very much appreciated. I will always endeavour to reply by email unless you happen to be a no-reply blogger. Thank you.